Consulting Partner, Director
Jurie holds a BEng(Chem)Hons and an MBA. He has more than 37 years of engineering, operations management and functional management experience. He started, developed and managed the Environmental & Risk Engineering group in Sasol Technology for more than 14 years.
Jurie holds a BEng(Chem)Hons from the University of Pretoria and an MBA. He has more than 37 years of engineering, operations management and functional management experience. He started, developed and managed the Environmental & Risk Engineering group in Sasol Technology for more than 14 years. He is the co-author and editor of two books on project and programme management.
Jurie’s areas of expertise include:
- Fischer-Tropsch technologies (fixed and fluidised bed)
- Plant process and control engineering
- Production planning, control and reporting
- International experience of environmental due diligence
- International environmental trends and trading requirements
- Operations and engineering management
- Process and health risk management
- Environmental engineering
- Health and safety management during project construction phase
- Land risk management and remediation of contaminated land.
Most people in the project and business environment are familiar with the terms ‘logistics management’ and ‘supply chain management’, until they’re asked to explain the difference. In this article, we discuss these terms and then focus on the unique aspects of...
In this article, we’ll discuss the site selection process, we’ll see how facility objectives influence site selection, we’ll spend time on site selection criteria and discuss the site selection decision matrix. Introduction Selecting a site for a process plant is far...
How many business cases are presented for approval, and then filed away once the project is underway, never to see the light of day again? If this is the situation in your company then please reconsider your approach - in this article we explain why. Introduction...