Herman van Heerden
Herman is a process development consultant with over 40 years experience in petrochemical, metals processing and diverse chemical industries. He has extensive experience in value assurance and assurance reviews having facilitated and led reviews on small and megaprojects, locally and internationally, on both wholly owner and JV projects. He is familiar with both IPA and CII review tools.
Herman has extensive experience in value assurance and assurance reviews having facilitated and led reviews on small and megaprojects, locally and internationally, on both wholly owner and JV projects. He is familiar with both IPA and CII review tools.
- Project development consultant with over 40 years of experience in the petrochemical industry and diverse chemical and metallurgical industries including gold refining, fertilizer and cement,
- Extensive experience in the front end-loading (FEL) value assurance processes on projects both locally and internationally for Sasol Owner teams,
- Extensive project development experience in the state owned Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and managing IDC projects portfolio of Large Beneficiation-, Mining & Metallurgy -and Agricultural projects in JV ventures,
- Operations and Technical Management experience in CTL, Fertilizers and Cement Industry,
- General management in fertilizer and gold refining.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Gate readiness and assurance reviews of complex mega projects and programmes at end of specific FEL phases,
- Developing and implementation of gate keeping systems including gate readiness reviews, framing and alignment sessions and decision review board methodologies,
- Knowledge and experience in CTL synthesis gas production.
By Herman van Heerden, Freek van Heerden, Jurie Steyn Introduction Ed Merrow (2011), in his book Industrial Megaprojects, maintains that much of the pathology we see in megaprojects today reflects the nature and problems of the modern industrial firm and the way in...