Consulting Partner, Director
Koos has over 38 years experience in multidisciplinary mining, mineral beneficiation and the cement industry in various executive, projects, operational, engineering, business development and consulting roles. He is a registered professional engineer with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Koos is a professional engineer and holds a degree in mechanical engineering, Graduate Diploma Engineering (GDE- mining / minerals economy), MDP, project management (Oxford University), mechanical engineers certificate of competency Mines (South Africa), and has more than 38 years’ experience in multidisciplinary mining, mineral beneficiation areas and the cement industry in various executive, projects, operational, engineering, business development, and consulting roles.
Koos’s areas of expertise include:
- Executive Management
- Director of Boards
- Programme and project management over the full life cycle of a project, from the conceptual phase, through proposals, business development, feasibility studies, project design, procurement, quality control, construction, commissioning, project closeout and operational management
- Project management systems
- Role of the owner project team
- Due diligence and audits
- Project risk safety and environmental management
- A broad range of experience in various fields including Gold, PGMs, Base Metals, Coal, Cement, Lime, Ready-mix and Fly Ash, Mineral Sands and related processing facilities.
Underground-, conventional-, mechanised and, open pit mining, shaft systems, shaft sinking, CBM and related processing facilities
- Experience in many African countries, India and China and other
- New business development and implementation of cement related businesses in Africa and more specifically concluded in Ethiopia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, DRC and South Africa
- Multi-discipline engineering management
- Operational management
Time consumes most of our lives and in some form or degree is an essential part of life: past, present and future. It brings a sense of order into our lives via structured routine and a common way of interacting with our fellow humans for planning of activities,...
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet specific project requirements. Can anyone be a project manager, more importantly can anyone be effective in this role? Opening remarks Can anybody be a...
“Our leaders are great thinkers. We need to take those ideas, make sure they are grounded and able to be executed. The PMO helps us do that.” - President of project services, global construction services provider, North America (Forrester Consulting, 2013)...